This website should give you an insight on what’s wrong with the current things you might be using and why you should look out for alternatives.
Statement of the week: "With software there are only two possibilites: either the users control the program or the program controls the users. If the program controls the users, and the developer controls the program, then the program is an instrument of unjust power." -Richard M. Stallman
IT security paradigms
- If you log in on public computers always check for hard- and software keyloggers
- Always log out of public computers
- Don't use things like Amazon Alexa, Google Home or Apple HomePod. These devices spy on you. If you still want to use it make your own Alias.
- Only buy hardware with killswitches if they contain a camera, a GPS module, Wifi/Bluetooth, a cellular data module or a microphone. Never buy hardware without killswitches.
- Plug out your micrphone or webcam if you don't use it
- Disable location services on your device. They not only consume large amounts of battery power, they are also used to spy on you and sell ads.
- Always use Ethernet if you can
- Encrypt your hard drives
- Enable your firewall and keep your system updated
- Install an anti-virus. Note that Linux doesn't necessarily need an anti-virus due to its secure design.
- Make sure you visit websites that don't spy on you and install the recommended browser add-ons plus the about:config tweaks from privacytools.io.
- Don't use Google Chrome or other Google services for obvious reasons
- Windows 10 is a security and privacy nightmare and you shouldn't use it
The person behind circlejerk.club
circlejerk.club is a website run by a person trying to establish free software standards and making the world a better place. You should own your data and not some large corporation. That's why koyu.space and this website came to existence.
Why is it named circlejerk.club?
I had a fun day and thought why not registering a weird and upsetting domain name. The name has been chosen to attract attention, otherwise no one would be interested anyway.
© circlejerk.club 2019. A project by koyu.space.